Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rock Star


Spending time back home in Iowa has always been one of my favorite things to do. It is especially fun when I go back for Icefest! That is the National Mississippi River Museum's annual winter festival. They invite me back to speak about whatever cold weather expedition I've been on. This year I showed images and video highlights from five of my polar expeditions. As always it was great to see many friends and family that turned out but also an overwhelming showing from the community. For me it's like being a rock star for a weekend....complete with people asking for autographs and pictures. It's fun and humbling and I'm very fortunate and thrilled to have the opportunity and venue to share my experiences. This year, like last, the museum had on display a variety of my gear that I've used on various polar expeditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment