Monday, September 19, 2011

Montare


One of the last things I bought in 1991 before I moved to Alaska was a mountain bike. It was more money than I'd ever spent on anything, except my car. But I figured it was a reasonable investment to explore the wilds of Alaska. This Gary Fisher Montare has served me well over the course of twenty years. If you don't believe it, read this:

http://www.troyhenkels.com/TrustySteed.htm

So, when the mechanic told me my trusty old bike was not worth repairing, you can imagine my dismay at losing an old faithful partner. None the less, even after twenty years, Gary Fisher is still making the Montare and the same reasons I liked it back then are the same reasons I bought a new one and am riding it today. Here's to another twenty years and many more mountain bike fueled adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is brand loyalty Troy. How is the old Montare not repairable?

    ReplyDelete