Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chuck at the North Pole


Apparently when skiing to the North Pole you cannot dress like it is 1982. You have to man up and make it look like you are a Polar Explorer. Just prior to departure my friend Chuck posted this on his blog '80':

http://cv222.blogspot.com/

So, Chuck indeed traveled with me to the North Pole. And there were some times when it was cold, dismal, and really sucked. The story of Chuck overcoming diversity to become a man was a big hit amongst those that didn't have a clue what I was talking about. None the less it is always good to have Chuck in your back pocket when the going gets tough, especially when it is -30F and blowing a gale. I did stand at the North Pole, and so did Chuck. So here's to you Chuck, thanks for the friendship and always making sure the sandwiches are on board for every adventure I head out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment